Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another Week, Another Shower!

Yesterday, one of my very best friends, Julie, and her mom, Jan, held a "Bridal Brunch" for me. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! Julie and I met the summer before 6th grade when we played on the Renegades softball team together. We quickly became great friends....and stayed that way all the way through high school. We both left for separate colleges, often staying in touch and getting together during school breaks. As luck would have it, we both ended up going to the SAME medical school!!! She is heading into Pediatrics while I am pursuing a career in Emergency Medicine. Either way you slice it, we have and will always be great friends!!!

Thank you so much, Julie and Jan, for throwing such a wonderful party for me!!!

A very special "THANK YOU!" goes out to my cousins, Maddie and Camryn, for coming to my bridal shower. The night before, Camryn got shuttled by 3 different drivers to get her from Kansas City to Des Moines. This took a special effort by my 2 uncles...and I very much appreciate it! Also, thank you to Tori (an honorary member of the cousins) for being here!
**Special note: You can STILL see the boot on Taylor's foot...she made the trip from college to be here! Thanks!!! And Kasey is STILL in the midst of studying for law school finals - but came to the shower as well. THANKS!!!

Below is Julie (left) and Jan (right) after just receiving their thank you signs! I knew Jan would love the sign, because she has a lot of my other artwork! I was so excited to give these to them!

Here I am with Julie - THANK YOU, THANK YOU again for hosting such a great shower!!!

Julie and Jan had everything arranged so nicely! They even had photos of Brandon and I on the table! Brunch consisted of fresh fruit, an egg casserole, and homemade cinnamon rolls! Everything tasted SO GOOD!!!

Check out the sweet place setting!!! The napkins were all different patterns of black and white fabric...I'm thinking of making some for myself!

Dessert was an AWESOME lemon sherbet with a wafer! Doesn't this look like a gourmet chef made it???

One very special surprise came in the form of a wrapped package. When Julie handed me the box, there was no card with it. I asked, "Has a card fallen off? I don't know who this is from." And Julie said, "I think the card is in the box." So, I began to open the package and there were TONS of things inside...but no card! I kept wondering when someone was going to tell me it was from them so I can thank them appropriately. At the very bottom of the box was a card for me - from Brandon's mom!!! Since she was unable to come all the way from Tennessee for the shower, she decided to send me a surprise package! It was SO NICE of her...and we got a ton of Pink kitchen stuff! I was so excited!!!

Thank you, thank you to Diane, Katie, Maddie, Camryn, Susan, Lynn, Marie, Emily, Tori, Taylor, Kasey, and Mom for coming to the shower!!! And thank you, Julie and Jan, for hosting such a great event!!!

No comments: