Saturday, May 2, 2009

First Bridal Shower

Well, the first of 3 bridal showers was today - and HOLY COW!!! - I am overwhelmed! Our very good family friends, Jeri and Cindy, hosted a luncheon that was highlighted by good food, great friends, and AWESOME presents! Everything was beach themed - from the cupcakes, to the decorations, right down to the hostess gifts that everyone received! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Jeri and Cindy for hosting such a WONDERFUL shower for me!!!


Here is the sign we spotted on the way into the neighborhood... They thought of everything!


The hosts for the event were Cindy (left) and Jeri (right). As a thank you, I gave them hand-painted family signs. I think they liked them =) Haha! Actually, I know they did because Jeri exclaimed, "I know just where to put this!!!" And I swear I saw a tear in Cindy's eye....


Here I am again with the hosts. Mara (Jeri's daughter, far left) drove all the way from college to be here today. I've known Mara ever since she was born - and she is much more like a cousin than just a friend.

The food today was SO GOOD!!! Cindy whipped up some chicken salad sandwiches (with grapes in it!!!) on croissants and we had a really good fruit salad and chips.


These cupcakes were a definite highlight!!! I'm such a shark-girl.....and Martha, I mean Jeri, had little shark fins sticking out of the ocean blue! The "sand" was created with natural sugar...and the palm trees were the finishing touch! Aren't they AWESOME??? Not only did they look good, they tasted even better! Way to go Miss Homemaker Jeri!


Look how generous everyone was!!! Again, I was so overwhelmed by everyone's kindness! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Cathie, Carlie, Arlene, Jane, Kathy, Jeanne, Cyndy, Grandma, Mom, Kasey, Taylor, Karen, Stacey, Kathie, Jeri, Mara, Carole, Barb, and Cindy for coming today to share in this special occasion!!!


I bet you can't tell how excited I was to open the gifts!!! Is that rude??? Who am I kidding!!! I couldn't wait!!! Here I am with one of my MOH's (maid of honor), my sister Taylor. As you can see, the crutches in the back were because she just got home yesterday from having a foot operation. Even though she was limping in a boot with crutches, she was there for me! Thanks T-Dawg!!!
And I can't leave out my other MOH, my sister Kasey. This is what she really looks like. She's in the middle of studying for law school finals which begin next week - but she was also there for me today! Thanks Hollywood!!!


Thank you, again, to everyone who came today!



I heard today that I was "one of the most excited brides I have ever seen!" But, seriously, when there is a table full of boxes from Pottery Barn, Target, Bed/Bath/Beyond, etc...who wouldn't be??? I'm mostly excited to be marrying Brandon though!!! =)


What a fun, fun day! I can't wait to go downstairs and look through everything again!

No comments: