Monday, January 14, 2013

Miss Addison Nicole's Birthday!

It's been 3 1/2 weeks since Miss Addison was born and we have been having a *tiresome* ball with her!  She is such a sweet little peanut, mild mannered, and has already brought so much joy to our lives.

The day before she was born started as normal.  Thankfully, I didn't have to work!  I had felt well my entire pregnancy - but was definitely ready to have a baby instead of being pregnant!!!

On 12/19/12 (2 days before my due date), we had an OB appointment in the morning.  Everything was right on track and the doctor suspected labor would happen fairly soon!  That afternoon, we ended up at Labor and Delivery for evaluation - and I was shocked to find that what I had been feeling WAS contractions (they didn't hurt at that point) and they were coming every 3-6 minutes!  We were admitted at that time and knew Addison would be arriving soon (or so we thought!).

39 Weeks and 5 Days - Later that day, labor began!
My excitement heading to the hospital

Brandon and I outside of the hospital
Our Labor & Delivery room
Soon after we were admitted, my OB doctor visited us.  She broke my water, started some pitocin, and got my epidural ordered!  I was all about getting the epidural that day, but unfortunately, both my first and repeat epidural didn't take very well.

After 19 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing, Miss Addison Nicole finally arrived!!!

Addison Nicole
Born 12:34pm on 12/20/12
7lbs 2 oz, 19.5 in
Healthy and Beautiful!!!

Minutes after Addison's arrival
Weighing in at a healthy 7lb 2oz
Passed her APGARs with flying colors!  (8/9)
Daddy watching the newborn exam











On the way home!!!
Addison arrived with 10 fingers, 10 toes, and was as healthy as could be.  We were so thankful that both our families were able to be there once she was born - she is so loved already!!!  Brandon and I are blessed beyond words can describe!!!

No comments: