Monday, September 26, 2011

A Trip to the Sunshine State!

Whew!!! Brandon and I need vacation after all our vacations!!! After returning from Hawaii, we immediately left for a trip to Florida with Brandon's family. We had such a great time!!!

Our first family picture was taken from the porch of our condo. 14th floor - directly over the ocean. It was BEAUTIFUL!


My eyes are always scanning the horizon for fins, whether they be sharks, dolphins, or whales. And guess what??? On the very first day of the trip, my eyes spotted this pod of dolphins! (I'm pretty sure this was 2 adults and 1 baby - as I later found out that this is mating season and lots of baby dolphins are being spotted!)


My sweet, sweet baby nephew, Elliott, liked taking naps at the beach. The waves lulled him to sleep!


And, to my delight, he LOVED the water!!! The little guy even took a few lessons from Aunt Brooke and learned to go underwater, lay on his back, and reach up for the side. He was so comfortable with the water and will be a great swimmer soon!


LOVE HIM!!! How can this picture not make you smile???


We tanned at the beach, relaxed at the pool, and enjoyed an afternoon on wave-runners.

One evening we went to eat at a restaurant called Hammerheads. Not only was the name awesome, but the views were awesome too! What a great sunset!



On the last evening, we took some family photos. And, for a camera stuck on a tripod, I think these turned out awesome!!!


I LOVE my hubby and his family!


We had such a great time on vacation!!! Thanks Doug, Sue, Tony, Shane, Michelle, and Elliott for making such sweet memories with us!

***Once we got home, it was so nice to see this sweet face too! We love our dog, Wrigley!***

No comments: