Friday, September 17, 2010

A Day at the Apple Orchard

Brandon and I had the most wonderful afternoon!!! Not only did I get off work at 3:15pm today, we also went to an apple orchard outside of Columbus! The weather was beautiful and the apples were awesome!

Growing up, my family always went to the pumpkin patch in the fall where we would pick pumpkins and apples. Lately, Brandon and I have really gotten into watching the show "Little People, Big World" on TV which chronicles the life of a family who own a pumpkin patch/farm and are a family with dwarfs. Each time they show the pumpkin patch, I think back to my own childhood and smile.

That's why, when I got off early from work, I called Brandon and said, "Let's Go!!!" And being the wonderful husband he is, he said "No problem......but YOU have to drive!"







The apple orchard also sold home-grown veggies, which I couldn't pass up! Total haul:

10 lbs Jonathan apples
4 Honeycrisp apples
10 lbs Red Potatoes
1 lb Fresh green beans
1 pt Fresh okra
2 Zucchini
3 Cucumber



(Okra is one of B's favorite veggies...and we haven't been able to find this in Ohio until NOW!)

It was such a fun time that we will definitely be going there again this fall!

No comments: