Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Congratulations are in order...

Brandon's men's team FINALLY won a softball game!!! Actually, TWO games!

In an amazing come-back effort, from 2 straight seasons with no wins at all (other than one forfeit), the team finally pulled one out of the hat and won. Brandon assures me that he has taken the reigns of this team and plans on winning games in the future too, but that remains to be seen. (The other team must have been suffering from the plague last night...)

Brandon tells me that I have doubted his coaching abilities in the past and that I owe it to him to write a blog praising him.

"Oh, Brandon...I'm not worthy!!! I'm not worthy!!!"
(There you go....Happy, honey?)

It's not that I doubted Brandon - I just doubted some of the idiots he has on the team. However, he has FIRED (that's right, FIRED) those idiots and has picked up some pretty good players. *He is transforming the team to be like his team back in Chattanooga. They even won with 9 players on the field last night rather than 10. Also, one guy even tried to carry Brandon off the field - a "VICTORY" carry.*
*Brandon made me write that part....direct quote

Tonight is another double header - this time with the Co-Ed team which is pretty good.

Below is the email sent last week from the Co-Ed "Coaches" (if that's what you'd call them). Again, I can't make this up!!!

Hello everyone,
Next game is 6:20 PM against ____ at Field 15. They are in 5th place but don't let that lull you into a false sense of security, this is a very good team and I want us to destroy them.
Our scouts submitted this report:
Deep lineup
All girls are base hitters and fast on the base paths
Two guys have home-run power
Same defensive lineup as us - male left infield, female right infield, split outfield
They forfeited to the church team the first week of the season, so not sure how that impacted their stats but we both are averaging almost 12 runs scored per game, and our defense is better, so should be a great couple of games.
Also don't forget that Jimmy Johns is throwing a picnic party for us afterwards so plan to hang out for a little bit if you can. Again we are hoping they will sponsor us next year so try to work them over :)
Weather tentatively looks good, and I'll be out at fields early if anyone wants to get in a little extra BP since we haven't played for 2 weeks. Everyone should be at the game, if that's not the case let us know ASAP.
Goooooo Hellfish!



Seriously, I hope they DESTROY the team tonight!!!

Until next time...

No comments: