Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wedding Week: Day 2

We had another great day today! And we are so excited for the arrival of Brandon's family early tomorrow afternoon!

While out on the beach this morning, we spotted a school of rainbow parrot fish right off shore. I circled them in the picture below because they were hard to see - in real life, the pink/green/blue was easy to see! We told Brandon we'd give him $50 if he could catch one and hold it long enough for a picture. He said he would do it.....but when it got near, he said "Nope. I'm not touching that thing. This is his territory."
Right after lunch, my family went on our first dive of the trip to Sunset House. This place is known for having a mermaid statue near a sunken tugboat. We enjoyed diving around the tugboat and had a lot of fun taking pictures with the mermaid. Here I am...Miss Diver!

Here is our friend, Mr. Stingray. I don't think he liked me being so close to him.
After our dive, we got back in time to tan on the beach and enjoy appetizers at sunset. My sister, Taylor, makes the best nachos - and they taste so good while watching an island sunset!

It was another beautiful day here and we had so much fun. This evening Brandon and I, along with Grandaddy, met with the Cayman minister. Here in Cayman, we have to have a "Cayman officiant" in order to have a legal wedding. So, even though my grandfather is performing our ceremony, we will also have a Cayman minister present as well. (He happens to be a long-time family friend...so that's even better!)

Again, we are excited for B's family to come tomorrow. We'll be at the airport anxiously awaiting!
We miss all of Team Hampton!!! Wish you all were here!!!

No comments: