Monday, May 18, 2009

And That Makes 3!

This weekend marked my last, but definitely not least, bridal shower - which was hosted by Brandon's church. It was SO NICE of everyone to come support Brandon and I - and everyone was so kind! The ladies that set up the fellowship hall did an EXCELLENT job. I can't say enough thanks!!!

Here I am with Brandon's mom and Sylvia. Sylvia is the "Preacher's Wife" and the lead hostess of the shower. She decorated with a beach theme - and everything was so beautiful! She even brought in a hibiscus plant!! With PINK flowers! My favorite! Thank you Sylvia...and all the other ladies who made this event such a special one for me!

The tables were decorated with bright colored daisies!!! (Another one of my favorites!) Plus, she kept everything simple - just the way I like it! It was AWESOME!

Now these were a tasty treat...Mmmm! You know when people add almond paste to frosting? It tastes kinda like cherry? Well - I'm not a professional chef - but I think that is just what they added and it was SO GOOD! Aren't the tropical flowers pretty? And to the right, you can see the strawberries....HOME-GROWN!!! Yummy!

Here I am with my Sister-In-Law-To-Be, Michelle! She was SO HELPFUL the whole day! From writing names to completely packing up the car with all the gifts (by herself, no less!) she was a huge help. Thank you Michelle!!! I can't wait to have another sister!

And, finally, a special present for Brandon! After the shower, Brandon was surprised by their very good family friend, Frank. When we got back to the house, Frank showed up with an apron fit for a king - and his "SECRET RECIPE" for spaghetti and meatballs! Brandon has loved Frank's spaghetti for the longest time...and since we will be moving, Frank decided to pass the recipe on. Thank you Frank!!! We (or should I say Brandon) will use the apron and fix the spaghetti often!!! Actually, I REALLY need to thank you....this means I don't have to cook! YAY!

All in all, it was a GREAT shower again!!! Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who attended. You all are such special people in Brandon's life and he has been blessed to be a part of this Church family. Thank you for welcoming me and hosting such a beautiful shower!

No comments: